Recruiting for a Strategic Purchaser to support the Seals & Profiles business in the Americas. This position will oversee 5 sites, 3 in the US and 2 in Mexico. The responsibilities include developing a PA (Product Area) sourcing strategy, vendor management, and driving PE (Purchasing Excellence) across all sites. The strategic purchaser will be responsible for sourcing all direct materials for Polymer related products and supplies. Ensuring “fit for purpose” materials without compromising profitability, customer relations and the quality of finished product. We are looking for someone with a strong purchasing background that can come in and immediately contribute to the business by leading cost out Initiatives. Physical Placing Aurora.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Develop a PA sourcing strategy that aligns with and supports the PE goals and KPIs
o Develop sourcing strategy for Americas and outline a three-year-plan.
o Understand the internal customers’ needs and strategy in order to secure the supply of components and services required by the organization.
o Identify & execute yearly cost reduction program.
o Work in close co-operation with Indirect Material country coordinators. Supporting and aligning on cost out initiatives.
o Work in close co-operation with the direct material lead buyers aligning on strategies to ensure optimal cost models for the sites across the Americas.
· Drive the Purchasing Excellence program for all PA Americas sites
o Work closely with BA (Business Area) and BU (Business Unit) Purchasing teams driving synergies where possible.
o Implement and utilize all applicable PE tools and strategies – Supplier days, annual RFQs, Krajlic matrix
o Lead, develop, implement, and report all PE activities and savings
o Drive & Support monthly PE KPI reporting
· Supplier Management
o Manages the relationship and actively developing the supplier portfolio across the PA
o Execute Supplier Business Review Meetings by focusing on Supplier relationship management, Supplier performance management & Integrated risk management resulting in continuous improvement initiatives.
o Drive and manage RFQ/contracting and negotiation for projects/business within your own commodities in co-operation with relevant stakeholders
o Ensure synergies are identified and captured
o Execute & monitor Supplier Evaluation and Initial Assessments (QCD)
o Works with Operations/Engineering/R&D to determine “fit for purpose” specification or performance requirements for all materials
o Responsible for qualifying all new vendors and maintaining a current vendor database (ERP system)
o Responsible for updating, maintaining, and communicating vendor pricing to ensure accurate cost estimating and accounting
· Support PE activity for all CAPEX investments
o Qualify vendors
o Negotiate pricing and payment terms
o Complete all required PE forms
· Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree (Business or Supply Chain preferred)
7+ years in a strategic purchasing role with a proven track record of cost reduction and continuous improvement activities
· 1~3 years working experience in a polymer orientated industry is preferred.
· Experience of cross-organizational teamwork with international mindset
· Global Strategic Purchasing
· Lean manufacturing
· Proven Leadership
· Management experience
· Experience of cross-functional teamwork with an international mindset
· Strategic planning & thinking
· Leadership & coaching
· Ability to lead purchasing projects with an overall view
· Excellent communication skills
· Proven record of cost reductions
· Experienced in global sourcing
· Ability to control and improve cost of materials and eliminate waste
· Negotiation Skills
· Able to develop supplier partnerships and forward plan opportunities
· An understanding of contracts and contract law
· Project Management
· Change management
· Computer skills – Excel, Powerpoint
5. Key Interfaces and Stakeholders
Key interface with:
· BU Strategic Purchasing and BU Management Team
· Group country coordinator for Indirect Materials
· Direct Material Lead Buyers
· External vendors
· PA Operations and Supply Chain
· R&D and Product Development
· PA Controller
6. Geography to cover and travel requirements
The role will cover the Americas region – which includes 3 sites in the US (Aurora, OH; Milford, NH; and Bonne Terre, MO) and 2 in Mexico (Tijuana and Queretaro).
Travel will be up to 20%. The position will require periodic trips to all sites as well as periodic meetings with others within the BU.
Required behavior characteristics:
· Analytical/critical thinking
· High integrity
· Strong work ethic
· Drive to succeed
· Results focused
· Financial – EBIT, ROS, and OCF
· Operational – RM pricing, delivery, and quality; OTD and service levels; and PE savings and KPI’s
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org