The QC Lab/Density Technician is responsible for the testing of asphalt to ensure adherence to federal, state, and/or customer specifications. This position works with asphalt plant personnel, construction personnel, and governmental agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform asphalt testing and analysis
- Perform aggregate sampling and testing
- Perform density testing on asphalt pavements
- Complete governmental and customer reports for test results
- Communicate testing results to the plant, construction personnel, and government agencies
- Investigate customer complaints regarding discrepancies between test results and asphalt received
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of asphalt quality control data
- Experience with asphalt lab equipment
- Knowledge of paving process
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess good mathematical skills
- Lifting asphalt samples +/-50 lbs daily
- Occasionally requires lifting over 75lbs
- Ability to stand / walk +/-8 hours
- Exposure to high heat, dust, and noise
- Variable working hours
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
Qualifications and Experience:
- ODOT Level 2 or ODOT Level 3 certified is preferred but not required
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Kokosing Materials Inc. offers a competitive compensation based on experience and a benefits package including medical, life, and a 401K plan.
TO APPLY: Please go to our Career Page at www.kokosing.biz/careers/current-openings for a very quick application process (create profile – name, contact info – and upload your work history) or feel free to send your resume/work history to Steve Mikloucich ([email protected]), McKenna Milks ([email protected]) or Steve Thompson ([email protected]).
About Kokosing Materials, Inc.
As a third-generation family-owned company, Kokosing offers clients the accessibility of a local firm with the stability and resources of one of the largest contractors in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Our associates are respected experts in the industry, with an endless drive for innovation and the ability to solve construction’s toughest challenges; this, coupled with our capability of self–performing up to 80 percent of the work on projects we construct is a significant differentiator when clients select Kokosing. The depth of our capabilities is reflected in the variety of large and small projects we build and the materials we supply; from commercial buildings, industrial facilities, and power plants to transportation, pipelines, and marine projects. Kokosing’s equipment is the largest, most modern, environmentally friendly, and privately-owned fleet in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. We have the financial stability for our clients to rest assured.
Our integrated family of companies provides a diverse range of services that complement each other, allowing Kokosing to deliver the most complex and time-sensitive projects safely and economically.
Kokosing is the contractor of choice. Leveraging the individual strengths of our companies, we collectively provide clients with more resources, capabilities, capacity, experience, and value than any other self performing contractor east of the Mississippi River. We back up what we do with a reputation built upon impeccable integrity and dependable service since 1951.