Who We Are:
We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids – selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live, and work better.
Grow your career with a company that creates cool products, gives back to the community, and offers a friendly, diverse, innovative, inclusive culture.
We are looking for a determined individual with a deep sense of ownership that can see Kent Displays as a self-development, flourishing hub from a personal to a technical level. The nature of our unique technology requires a person with craving for learning new things every day. Our research and development team is comprised of international experts that will be delighted to train and teach an enthusiastic technician. Help us create the next generation of smart materials; unleash your creativity in an engaging highly dynamic environment.
The Research and Development Technician performs a variety of duties and responsibilities that includes assisting in the development of new polymer materials and electro-active materials, performance of testing methods, and data collection, analysis, and maintenance. In addition, this role also provides technical support to other functions including manufacturing and quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare mixtures of different sizes using scales, chemical glassware, liquid and solid handling elements in a clean room with clean room attire
- Assemble liquid crystals panels
- Coat substrates
- Conduct characterization of liquid crystal panels using spectroscopy, microscopy, electro-optics, etc.
- Perform reliability testing of liquid crystal panels using different environmental chambers
- Complete characterization of material properties of films and coatings
- Maintain organized notebooks and databases with timely data collection
- Conduct data analysis and presentations in oral and written reports
- Design and execute experiments to study structure-property relationships
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and quality control
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Physics, or related fields is required
- Ability to perform tasks with high attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture is required
- Demonstrate excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills is required
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as the task or responsibility required
- Possess structured problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of formulation principles
- Experience in the Design of Experiments (DOE) is required
- Experience with wet chemistry, clean rooms and small and large mixtures preparation is preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, equipment, and safety requirements is required
- Stable work history
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then please send your information to Kyle Smith ([email protected]).
Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Applicants will be required to have started or have documentation of completion of COVID-19 vaccinations prior to the first day of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kent Displays, Inc.
We are the global leader of a unique eWriter display technology. We have the expertise in research, development, roll to roll manufacturing, and consumer packaged goods design and assembly using the eWriter technology.