Title: Part Time, EVENING Phlebotomy Instructor
Classification: Workforce Education
Assignment: Instructs Phlebotomy
Reports to: Adult Education Director
BEGINNING DATE: March 24, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
The part-time, evening Phlebotomy Instructor teaches basic phlebotomy skills resulting in adult student achieving Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) certification. Instructor reports to Adult Education Director.
Instructor will teach procedures and theory of phlebotomy procedures from text/online material and in-lab ‘hands-on’ techniques.
- Instructs the number of hours and class required
- Instructs all classes following the course objectives and standards from class curriculum already created
- Maintains all certifications required to perform job and submit copies to the Adult Director
- Updates lesson plans and syllabi as requested by the Adult Education Director.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for students’ needs; exercises fairness.
- Examines and evaluates own teaching competence. Provides students an opportunity to evaluate instructor’s performance
- Instructs class as scheduled by the Adult Education Director
- Completes all required course paperwork and submits to the Adult Education Director for record keeping. Submits required information accurately and for the appropriate deadline
- Experience working in field
- High School Diploma
- Five (5) years field experience
- Current Ohio Department of Education teaching certificate (apply for after employment)
- Completes BCI/FBI Background Check (this can be done at Maplewood)
- Appropriate phone and email communication skills
The Maplewood Career Center Board of Education and its staff are dedicated to providing equal education opportunities and equal employment opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, or disability. The regulations of Title IV, VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX and Section 504 are followed.
|Primary Location||Maplewood Career Center|
|Salary Range||$25.00 – $25.00 / Per Hour|
About Maplewood Career Center
Maplewood Career Center provides individuals with educational experiences that aid in personal growth and the development of career/technical skills leading to graduation, higher education, and/or employment. The Adult Education program shall assist individuals and companies in the efforts to develop leadership, build new skills, upgrade skills, keep abreast of technologies, and to develop competencies in areas of need and workforce development and personal interest.