Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Prepared By: John Rath and Kyle Schmidt
Responsible for keeping all of the machines running on 3rd shift. Help with preventative maintenance and recommending improvements to operation of machines. Work on maintaining the building and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the Following, other duties may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory.
- Maintenance and repair of all equipment including building and grounds.
- This position may require additional training and or classes directed by the supervisor/manager.
- Assist production supervisors with troubleshooting production issues as needed.
- Maintain a clean workspace at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and decipher a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to read and understand parts diagrams to facilitate ordering of required parts.
- Ability to understand and evaluate potential dangers prior to performing any repairs or adjustments to equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Recommended.
- Preferred work experience in the following:
- Experience in packaging or corrugated industry.
- 2 years’ experience as a maintenance technician
- Familiarity with electrical schematics and basic electrical motor control circuit troubleshooting
- Familiarity with troubleshooting pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Familiarity with 3 phase 240/480v 3 phase motors helpful
- Understanding of equipment design, product layouts, quality standards and specifications.
- May be required to maintain a current Tow Motor Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear at least 8 hours a day.
- The employee is frequently required to utilize their hands to successfully perform their job duties at least 8 hours a day.
- Occasional sitting
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific Vision requirements as necessary to perform the essential job duties successfully.
Position Type and Expected Work Schedule:
- Employee must be available to work their regular shift of 10:30pm to 7:00am Sunday – Thursday, as well as be available to work mandatory overtime when necessary.
- Employee may be required to work other shift hours during equipment installs and to attend training as needed. Advance notice of upcoming projects or training that would alter shift hours would be provided.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level is usually loud.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Compass Packaging
Compass Packaging offers customers the best product selection, speedy delivery, and they do it all at very affordable prices. They are proud to offer more than 18,000 quality products from well-known and trusted brands. Their mission is to be the single source answer for all of their customers’ packaging needs.