Youth Outreach Worker
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Portage County
Shift Worker (less than 20 hours/week)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for conducting match support visits at King Kennedy Community Center while providing supervision, follow-up and support in case load. Assists with special events, as program representative.
1. Recruit, train, screen, interview, and evaluate volunteers and identify quality characteristics to serve as a program volunteer.
2. Conduct interviews of the parent/guardian and assure that they are knowledgeable of their role.
3. Assess the background, interest and preferences of the child, volunteer and parent/guardian to ensure a compatible match.
4. Maintain systematic contact according to the Policies & Procedures Manual with matches and serve as a listening and supportive element in a match.
5. Evaluate the child’s home situation in order to make referrals to other resources and agencies that can assist the child.
6. Maintain a schedule of events and facility hours at the King Kennedy Community Center gymnasium.
7. Serve as a liaison between BBBS and other social service agencies to provide additional professional services.
8. Coordinate with local providers to bring services to the center, including but not limited to: educational activities, mental health services, parenting/caregiver outreach services, suicide prevention programming and other program programming, preferably evidence based, targeting at risk and underserved, ages 6-17.
9. Accountable for ensuring compliance to standards, policies and procedures established by the local and National Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations. Ensure quality control through review of individual files and specific feedback and track casework statistics to assess individual performances.
10. Maintain all casework records, policy manual, and provide monthly/yearly reports on the program status.
11. Collaborate with other agencies and make appropriate inter-agency referrals.
12. Plan and implement with Caseworker(s) and Program Committee monthly activities. (i.e. flyers, press releases, media informed).
13. Attendance in scheduled staff meetings, agency meetings and community meetings.
14. Comply with all grant requirements, including evaluation and ensuring objectives are met.
15. Attend and assist/participate in events/fundraisers but not limited to these events
16. Perform all duties in a timely manner.
17. Represent BBBS, KKCC, & F&CS to the public in a positive and energetic manner.
18. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
2. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Some experience in social services.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.