Ravenna, OH • Property Management
Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Part-Time 20 -29 hours/week
Monday – Sunday; responds to emergency outdoor maintenance requests 24 hours, 7 days per week.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Works with Program Manager to carry and load household items from donors and transport, deliver and set up household items for clients. Cleans buildings as assigned.
1. Safely moves donated furniture and household items from donors’ homes; delivers, unloads and assembles and arranges items in client residence.
3. Follows instructions and policies provided by Family & Community Services, Inc.
4. Completes tasks as assigned by Program Manager or designee.
5. Provides excellent customer services: acts in a professional and respectful manner; interacts with donors and clients in a caring manner.
6. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
1. Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects in a safe manner
2. Ability to follow direction and organize tasks, and maintain a positive attitude.
3. Ability to drive a 22 foot truck preferred.
4. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
5. Ability to read and speak clearly.
6. Ability to interact with donors, clients, and all levels of staff in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Maintains a clean, neat appearance at all times.
8. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
9. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of
Criminal Identification & Investigation).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Repeated strenuous physical work required: regular lifting, carrying, loading, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds, frequent lifting, carrying, loading, pushing, or pulling required of objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Must be able to move, walk and stand for extended periods during the workday. Must be able to climb stairs, bend, and stretch above shoulder level. Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.