Ravenna, OH • Place of Peace – Portage County
JFS (Job & Family Services) Supervised Visitation Monitor
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provide supervision to parents who have recently lost custody of their children and are in need of supervised visits in a safe setting.
1. Assist children and their parents in experiencing a safe environment to conduct scheduled visitations and exchanges.
2. Provide supervision of families during the visits by being physically present in the visitation areas.
3. Document factual observations during the visitations and provide documentation to PCDJFS in timely manner as indicated in the contract.
4. Assist in scheduling and rescheduling visits and exchanges, ensuring families and visitors sign in. These documents will be shared with PCDJFS as required by the contract.
5. Assure ongoing contact with the various families.
6. Effectively communicate with all participants and staff members.
7. Answer phones and return phone calls of families.
8. Address and help resolve client concerns in a timely manner.
9. Attend Family Team Meetings or testify on cases as requested by the contracting agency.
10. Enforce program and agency policies and procedures.
11. Maintain confidentiality.
12. Attend staff meetings, agency trainings and other required trainings as requested by the Program Coordinator, Program Manager or Program Director.
13. Intervene during the visits or exchanges if a parent’s behavior becomes unsafe for the child(ren).
14. Keep the center clean and orderly. This includes doing daily chores and bleaching and disinfecting toys frequently.
15. Prepare the visitation rooms prior to the family arriving to the center.
16. Maintain professionalism by speaking, dressing and behaving in a way that is appropriate when dealing with parents and children.
17. Uphold mandatory reporting duties.
18. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong communication skills.
2. Understanding of child development and recognition of child abuse.
3. Works well as a team member.
4. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent required. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two (2) years of experience working with children.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.