Ravenna, OH • Mobile Meals
Delivery Driver, Portage County
Shift Worker, Less Than 20 Hour/Week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for processing and delivery of Mobile Meals, meals/products to Mobile Meals clients.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: All responsibilities related to Mobile Meals whereas appropriate:
Organize the delivery by order of clients and products. This includes mapping and making necessary routing changes as warranted for a change in delivery schedule.
Maintain timely meal delivery and report client concerns to appropriate Mobile Meals staff.
Monitor clients as needed; our drivers are sometimes the only human interaction our clients receive in a day or week.
Document meal delivery according to the policies set forth by Mobile Meals and its funders. Obtain and complete all other necessary documentation as required by Mobile Meals Policy and/ or Mobile Meals funders.
Report delivery problems as required.
Attend training sessions as required. This will include a class on maintenance of vehicles, safety, and behind the wheel driving techniques to be completed annually.
Perform all duties as assigned.
Represent Mobile Meals positively to the community.
Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
Ability to foster a cooperative and accountable work environment
Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Good verbal and written communication skills.
2. Math skills required.
3. Computer skills required.
4. GPS skills preferred but not required at time of hire.
5. Must be able to provide own transportation, vehicle must meet all the safety and maintenance requirements of the State Highway Patrol inspection.
6. Must be able to work flexible daytime hours in the performance of duties.
7. Must have a good driving record.
8. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
9. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation) if applicable.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be physically able to bend and lift and carry 25lbs, while walking on open pavement, driveways, and steps in all weather conditions. Ability to follow written and GPS directions
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.