Community Employment Assistant
Unified Resources/Portage Industries
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Instruct, coach, support and supervise consumers in enclave positions with outside employers and/or within Portage Industries, Inc. Act as a liaison between consumers and Portage Industries, Inc. providing feedback to support consumers’ continued success in the workplace.
1. Assist staff to instruct, supervise, support and assist consumers in enclave placements within the community and/or Portage Industries, Inc.
2. Serve as a resource to consumers and employer to help consumers succeed in integration into the work environment.
3. Assign consumers job duties based on ability and demand.
4. Work closely with consumers and customers to insure that services are performed correctly and in a timely fashion.
5. Assist as a team member with the Service and Support Administrator/Community Employment Supervisor to develop the “My Individual Service Plan” that will develop and advance consumer’s job and personal skills. Report to staff regarding progress of the plan.
6. Complete necessary information for daily documentation, meetings, incident reports, filing, purchase orders, and any other required forms or logs as assigned. Possesses working knowledge and able to implement Federal and State rules, standard and requirements of law. Possesses working knowledge and able to implement Board policies and procedures.
7. Complete and submit as instructed all required documentation in a manner that is legible, accurate, and inclusive of all required information, including documentation for services that are funded by Medicaid.
8. Develop and maintain working knowledge of rules related to Unusual Incidents and Major Unusual Incidents and report in accordance with rules and agency policy. Position holder may be involved in problem-solving and corrective action related to thee incidents.
9. Attend and complete necessary training in accordance with agency requirements.
10. Represent Portage Industries, Inc. in a professional manner to customers, consumers and the community.
11. Ensure a safe and productive environment by providing supervision, following safety procedures and assisting in emergency situations.
12. Must be able to take initiative and to work effectively with little supervision.
13. Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
14. Treat all consumers with dignity and respect, prioritize consumer needs, and advocate for the people we serve.
15. Ability to model attendance at work, participate as a team player and other desirable work traits.
16. Transport consumers as assigned and in accordance with agency policy.
17. Maintain required licensure/certification as appropriate.
18. Perform duties in a safe manner in such a way as to prevent injury to self or others.
19. Possess independent decision making skills.
20. Perform duties as directed by management based on need.
1. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
2. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation) if applicable.
3. Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member with all levels of the service delivery system for an individual. Position holder must be comfortable in a variety of human service settings and business settings while advocating for the best interests of the individuals served.
4. Must possess creative problem solving skills, training and support skills, ability to see issues that need to be addressed and implement solutions, skill in coordinating the efforts of people to accomplish the goal.
5. Able to use standard software programs and specialized documentation system.
6. Possess a high school level math, writing and spelling skills are required.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Position holder must hold or obtain a certificate from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities for Registered Adult Service Worker.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Experience supervising or employment coaching individuals with developmental disabilities in a workplace setting is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Will vary by assignment. Must be prepared for lifting, bending, stooping and twisting, requirements that are common in a variety of workplace settings.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.