Ravenna, OH • FCS Unified Resources, Portage Industries
SCHEDULE: 40 hours / week (schedule determined on a case-by-case basis)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor, the Transportation Coordinator will assist in daily operations of the Transportation Department. This includes ensuring the efficient use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
1. Assures that all vehicles have valid registration, D.O.T. inspection (if required), valid insurance card, and accident packet.
2. Assures that all drivers comply with D.O.D.D., state, and company requirements. This includes providing valid copies of employee credentials to the transportation supervisor when they are requested.
3. Prints weekly time sheets, route tally sheets, vehicle inspection forms, and route summaries for distribution to the drivers.
4. Collects required weekly documents from drivers to be submitted to the proper departments before the deadline.
5. Drives bus routes as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
6. Assures vehicles are in working condition and reports any major defects to the Transportation Supervisor.
7. Assists the Transportation Supervisor with safety and D.O.D.D. training.
8. Assures compliance with policies, procedures, safety rules, governmental regulations, Department of Developmental Disabilities, and Jobs and Family Services.
9. Complies with agency policies and procedures, contractual agreements, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
10. Assures scheduling of vehicles and drivers are in a timely and efficient manner.
11. Other duties as assigned by Transportation Supervisor.
1. Experience in transportation or logistics-related business.
2. Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
3. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background checks (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in the transportation field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of three years of transportation-related experience.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.