Quality Improvement Manager
Ravenna, OH • Unified Resources – Portage Industries
Quality Improvement Manager
Unified Resources – Portage Industries
Full-Time 40 hours/week
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Salary Monday – Friday, 8 hours/day and any additional time that is required to perform the job.
Work Location – Home office varies between home, office and community settings. Occasional remote work is available
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position is responsible for coordinating quality management and process improvement efforts, including development, implementation, education, data collection, and analysis, to ensure Portage Industries, Inc., delivers the highest standards of client care, safety, outcomes, and community integration.
1. Hold team meetings for each individual to help them develop an individualized goal based on their needs and preferences.
2. Train staff to provide quality of care for each individual based on their goals.
3. Discuss issues with management team, make recommendations for improvement, and propose solutions to individuals’ desires for goals in both their day program and in the community.
4. Suggest technology based on the needs of each individual receiving services.
5. Provide training to staff on improved processes.
6. Improve adult day services for individuals specifically with complex needs.
7. Build adult day services program and increase the capacity of individuals we serve.
8. Create training materials to help staff work with the individuals receiving adult day services.
9. Attending conferences or seminars to stay current on technology trends available to individuals with disabilities.
10. Work with supervisor to develop a tracking system for goals to ensure they are achieved by each individual.
11. Reevaluate goals and suggest changes based on need.
12. Improve person centered outcomes including achievement of unique goals, building skills for daily living and integration into the community.
13. Assure program compliance with any grant requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to travel locally
2. Must maintain attention to detail.
3. Problem-solver with innate ability to analyze date and make decisions based on data.
4. Reliable, consistent team player with solid interpersonal skills
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office)
6. Experience with grant administration preferred.
7. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
8. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation) if applicable.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 3-5 year experience in working with individuals with disabilities or related field.
Physical Requirements: Sufficient sight and hearing to carry out responsibilities. Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time. Must be able to walk production floor and meet with employees. The position may require periodic lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, pulling and pushing, and must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Working conditions may exist that are not such as normally exist in the occupation of the public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable disease, potentially infectious materials, and/or aggressive behavior.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.