Ravenna, OH • Place of Peace – Portage County
Place of Peace
SCHEDULE: Variable; 40 hrs/wk and on-call hours, some evenings and weekends required
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide supervision of visitation programs for families who have experienced intimate partner violence and those who have recently lost custody of their children.
1. Oversees Place of Peace, Supervised visitation and Safe Exchange Center, and addresses program participant concerns, issues and complaints.
2. Act as liaison between Family & Community Services and Portage County Department of Jobs and Family Services for contract compliance. Provide regular updates and communications with PCDJFS as required by contract.
3. Provides oversight and management to staff at the center. Including, but not limited to: Recruiting and training qualified staff to ensure adequate staffing patterns, provide staff with initial and on-going training, regularly review documentation and provide on-going supervision and feedback needed to provide excellent services.
4. Provides supportive, trauma informed services to families being served.
5. Assists families with appropriate resources and referrals in the community to assist with aftercare needs.
6. Attends Family Team Meetings or testifies as indicated in contracted.
7. Provide crisis intervention services to families and complete safety plans to maintain aftercare safety.
8. Participate in team planning and program goal achievements.
9. Works cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers to ensure conscientious, competent and trauma informed service delivery to all program participants.
10. Completes all necessary paperwork, reports, and required documentation as directed.
11. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
12. Any other duties as assigned
1. Knowledge of the importance of empowerment and displaying caring, compassionate attitude.
2. Ability to model open communication, fair and equitable treatment, management of conflicts and work in a team structure.
3. Understanding of domestic violence in the family and in the larger society.
4. Knowledge of and ability to understand computer programs for reports, case notes, and spreadsheets.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree or degree seeking in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred. High school degree or equivalent required. CPR and First Aid.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in the field of domestic violence, family/crisis intervention, and working with children.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.