Ravenna, OH • Family & Community Services – CTP
Community Transitions Program (CTP)
SCHEDULE: Full time, determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provides financial assistance and case management services to persons who have had AOD dependency and are exiting or who have recently exited state incarceration.
1. Provides financial assistance and ensures payments are made to vendors.
2. Establishes landlord relationships to promote housing linkage for program participants.
3. Provides housing search, re-housing services, and landlord/tenant mediation.
4. Provides in-home case management services to promote housing stability.
5. Gathers required documentation to secure permanent housing
6. Applies Housing First and other best practice models in service delivery approach
7. Travels to service coverage areas, provides in-reach at state prisons, and attends trainings as necessary.
8. Actively participates in regular team meetings for the purpose of program consistency, monitoring and effectiveness.
9. Networks and coordinates with recovery support providers, community linkage workers, parole officers, and county agencies/programs.
10. Provides education to stakeholders regarding program procedures, participant eligibility, and program collaboration.
11. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
2. Flexibility with program change and growth.
3. Willingness to learn and apply best practice models as appropriate.
4. Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office applications.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable; reliable transportation for travel.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Significant amount of college level coursework or experience in social work, counseling, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Experience working with formally incarcerated individuals, people experiencing homelessness, chemical dependency, and/or mental health issues preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.