SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week (8:00 am – 4:30 pm)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs various Payroll/HR tasks including processing payroll, benefit management and assisting with the employment process.
1. Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
2. Maintains personnel files.
3. Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
4. Provides payroll & benefit information by answering questions and requests.
5. Processes employment verifications
6. Assists manager in processing benefits as needed.
7. Provides information and assistance to employees concerning all benefit programs, as well as assist with conducting benefit in-services.
8. Reconcile and submit bills for payment.
9. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
10. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll & benefit operations by keeping information confidential.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
12. Assists with the recruitment, employment and orientation of all new employees as needed.
13. Provides backup assistant in the absence of the payroll manager and/or front desk.
14. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to communicate: read, write, and speak clearly. Experience in working in a professional setting required, Payroll experience preferred.
2. Good data entry skills required.
3. Ability to type and prior experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Reliable transportation, valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation) if applicable.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma/GED with five years of experience in Human Resources. Will consider HR/Business graduates without HR experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Human Resource Management/Business. Will consider High school Diploma/GED with minimum of with 3-5 years of experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED with 3 years of experience in payroll. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; minimum two years’ experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.