Ravenna, OH • Family & Community Services – IT
Full-Time 40 hr/wk
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing technology support to the Agency’s computer systems in an effective and efficient manner. Provides technical support to staff members for both hardware and software issues. Monitor Agency helpdesk requests.
1. Maintains and monitors Help Desk and Help Desk Phone Calls
2. Installs and maintains computer hardware and software assets.
3. Configures and installs new workstations in a networked environment
4. Maintains the Agency backup system and Anti-virus system.
5. Assists the IT Director in upgrading/updating Agency network when needed.
6. Troubleshoots and repairs Agency hardware systems.
7. Maintains inventory documentation concerning IT related assets.
8. Assisting in the decommissioning of IT Assets prior to disposal and/or auction (forensically wiping hard drives or other data storage devices).
9. Ensures that new and existing users are trained on Agency technology.
10. Responsible for the setup of conference room AV equipment as needed.
11. Attends training as necessary.
12. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Extensive knowledge of various PC hardware and software.
2. Extensive knowledge of PC network operations, software, hardware, printers, and networked copiers.
3. Extensive knowledge of Windows XP Pro, Win 7 Pro operating systems.
4. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional software.
5. Knowledge of TCP/IP, configuration, maintenance in a multi-site, multi-server environment.
6. Knowledge of internet connectivity, security, firewalls, and virus control across the network.
7. Knowledge of user PC training procedures.
8. Knowledge of LAN structured cabling techniques.
9. Must be a self-starter with effective verbal, organizational, documentation and communication skills.
10. Must be willing and physically able to travel to different locations throughout the area to perform on-site support to meet client and agency needs.
11. Reliable transportation with valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
12. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Pursuing an Associate’s degree in Technology field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior computer experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to sit for long periods of time throughout the shift. Must be able to bend, squat, stoop, twist, reach, walk, stand, and work on irregular surfaces. Must be able to climb a ladder and work from ladder up to 15 feet in height. Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 35 lbs.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.