Ravenna, OH • Family & Community Services – SSVF
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Full-time, determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Housing Navigator is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with landlords in the
community and assist clients in securing and maintaining safe and affordable housing in the
1. Build and establish working relationships with landlords to assist in locating appropriate
housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
2. Develop outreach materials and agreements with landlords that will provide rental units to help
individuals and families experiencing homelessness access and maintain permanent housing.
3. Match prospective tenant with appropriate rental housing within the pool of rental units
4. Coordinate with both the landlord and prospective tenant to secure appropriate housing.
5. Maintain landlord relationships and keep current database of landlord contacts and available
properties in the community.
6. Act as a liaison and mediator for housing issues that may arise between tenant and landlord.
7. Complete Housing Habitability and Housing Quality Standard Inspections as needed.
8. Assist housing case managers with coordination of supportive services to ensure clients maintain
9. Become active in the housing community to identify housing and conducting tenant and landlord
10. Actively participates in regular team meetings for the purpose of program consistency,
monitoring and effectiveness.
11. Provides crises intervention as appropriate
12. Applies best practice models in service delivery approach
13. Participates in community-wide events promoting services
14. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements,
and educational/certification/registry requirements.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Thorough knowledge of human service community
2. Knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Laws and Regulations preferred
3. Knowledge of “Housing First Approach”
4. Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
5. Willingness to learn and apply best practice models as appropriate
6. Ability to work as a team leader
7. Excellent verbal and written skills
8. Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
9. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if
applicable; reliable transportation
10. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of
Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related degree preferred. Minimum of two years experience in human services.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Experience working in social service setting with homelessness, domestic violence, and veteran populations.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.