Ravenna, OH • Housing & Emergency Support Services
Housing Case Manager
Housing & Emergency Support Services
Full-Time 40 hours/week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides case management & advocacy for program participants of the agency housing programs. Must be able to maintain flexible schedule to ensure case management services provided to households.
1. Completes participant intakes to determine eligibility; assists applicants with obtaining required documents and verifications. Provide resources and referrals to assist with security deposits and/or participant rental portions.
2. Attend all program participant lease signing appointments, and act as program advocate ensuring participant understanding and compliance.
3. Works cooperatively with F&CS Property Management Department, area Metropolitan Housing Authorities and miscellaneous other housing collaboratives.
4. Assures both program and leasing policies and procedures are followed.
5. Completes proper documentation and reporting procedures as needed to compile statistics, resident information, and special projects.
6. Enters and maintains client information into HMIS, a state-wide database system, including but not limiting to required annual household assessments.
7. Completes regular in-home visits and acts as agency liaison to ensure housing is clean, tidy and meeting leasing requirements.
8. Provides active case management and advocacy including crisis intervention as appropriate.
9. Attends monthly staff meetings, all-agency meetings, countywide Prioritization meetings, and other pertinent meetings within the community.
10. Drafts correspondence as needed to clients, property management, referral sources, etc.
11. Maintains active, organized and professional files on all program participants.
12. Identifies and reports problems or unmet needs to Program Manager/Director and/or Property Management. Maintains records for all reported issues and/or work orders and follows up to ensure timely resolve.
13. Complies with the agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
14. Completes other tasks as assigned.
1. Ability to model open communication, fair and equitable treatment, and display caring and compassion.
2. Willingness to learn client centered model and conflict resolution; ability to manage crisis situations.
3. Knowledge of community services and supports.
4. Must possess Microsoft Word skills.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing a degree in social work and/or related field, or equivalent experience. CPR/First Aid Certification preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Experience in crisis intervention and working with populations that are homeless preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.