Ravenna, OH • Family & Community Services, Inc – FCFC
Family Children’s First Council (FCFC) Service Coordinator
SCHEDULE: Full-time; may require some weekend and evening work. Flexible work schedule to accommodate the need for evening appointments
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Coordinate needed services for multi-system youth in Portage County.
1. Assess, plans, and implements strategies to improve the health and well-being of individuals and families.
2. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings. Prepares and presents data reports
3. Maintains cooperative working relationships among public and agency participants.
4. Provides consultation to and works with community groups.
5. Facilitates collaboration among varied community partners.
6. Plans and participates in development of program proposals for funding.
1. Functions as a WrapAround Service Coordination Facilitator
2. Provides WrapAround Service Coordination to families with youth ages birth through 21 who are mulit-system involved and/or at risk for out of home placement and custody relinquishment.
3. Convenes a family team meeting comprised of family members, professionals, and natural supports working with the family to develop, implements, and monitor an individualized care plan.
4. Works to address unmet needs and system barriers and ensures that services are fully aligned, coordinated, and streamlines so that youth can thrive in the own home and community.
5. Assists families in the completion of funding applications for resources to meet client needs
6. Enters and maintains client data in required spreadsheets and/or information management system
7. Maintains positive community relations.
8. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Extensive knowledge of community resources designed to support youth and families.
2. Understanding of and experience with different child-serving systems, including education, behavioral health, child welfare, juvenile justice, developmental disabilities, health, and others.
3. Experience in building and maintaining collaborative, professional working relationships with community partners for the expressed purpose of meeting the needs of youth, families and communities.
4. Experience with multisystem, multi-need individuals and families, treatment planning, coordination of services, linking services, and record keeping.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of
Criminal Identification & Investigation) if applicable.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors preferred. Associate’s degree in Social Services, Human Development or Business related field required. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain continuing eligibility.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.