Administrative and Program Assistant
Ravenna, OH • Land Bank – Portage County
Administrative and Program Assistant
Portage County Land Reutilization Corporation (Land Bank)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position provides support to the Executive Director with a variety of administrative responsibilities, bookkeeping tasks and will complete special projects as assigned.
1. Answering the Land Bank’s main phone line and responding to general inquiries about the Land Bank’s properties and programs. Including, taking messages and coordinating and scheduling meetings.
2. Correspondence and communication with Land Bank third-party vendors (i.e. insurance providers, property maintenance companies, title companies, land surveyors, utility companies, contractors and construction managers, etc.)
3. Assisting the executive director with procedures necessary for program implementation and research, acquisition and disposition of property including interface with buyers, sellers, Realtors, title companies, government offices and other stakeholders.
4. Assisting the executive director with general book keeping tasks, including creating check requests for approval, accounts receivable entry, accounts payable entry, fixed asset register updates, monthly account reconciliations and production of quarterly financial statements.
5. Ability to learn Land Bank property database software and perform routine data entry and updates at various stages of property research, pre-inventory, inventory and disposition.
6. Maintain listings of Land Bank owned property for the purposes of maintenance, insurance, zoning- use, disposition strategy, etc.
7. Assisting the executive director in preparing materials for board meetings and taking minutes at the board of directors’ meetings.
8. Assisting the executive director with components of public relations, including, development and writing of the organization’s annual report, website updates and social media.
9. Utilizes computers and associated software to perform job.
10. Other duties, or special projects, as assigned.
1. Prior administrative experience (real estate experience is a plus)
2. Prior bookkeeping experience (Sage 50, or Peachtree, accounting software experience is a plus)
3. Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
4. Notary Public certification or ability and willingness to obtain
5. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Attention to detail
7. Ability to work with diverse stakeholders
8. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
9. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High School Degree or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of Windows/MS Office Suite required. Previous office management or administrative experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Other required physical demands include: pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, hearing, and seeing. Ability to walk up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for extended periods. Ability to hear and talk on the phone and/or face to face interaction required.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.