Ravenna, OH • Accounting/Administration
Accountant – No Weekends, No Holidays, Flexible Hours
Full-Time 40 hours/week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To assist in the day to day functions of the Accounting Department.
1. Review check request and invoice for proper account coding and supervisor approval.
2. Enter manual checks into the account payable system on a monthly basis.
3. Identify vendors charging sales tax and send them a sales tax exemption form.
4. Enter invoices into accounts payable system.
5. Occasionally prepare and coordinate accounts payable check runs.
6. File and maintain paid invoices.
7. Enter month-end journal entries
8. Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations.
9. Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
10. Prepare/Enter monthly allocation entries.
11. Enter cash receipts into general ledger as they are deposited.
12. Prepare financial reports for department managers as needed.
13. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state
requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Good verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to perform work required with minimal supervision.
3. Experience in use of personal computers, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
4. Must be bondable.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors of Science in Accounting preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.