Kent, OH • Family & Community Services – Portage County
Variable Hours – $15/hour
Flexibility required for emergent needs
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To provide a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services to a varied client population. Services are provided in-home, in-office or within the community. The position is primarily responsible for the provision of direct client care services under a LPCC-S. Provides individual counseling, group counseling, family/couples counseling, and case management and support to clients engaged in outpatient treatment services with the counseling department.
1. Conduct psychiatric diagnostic assessments to determine medical necessity.
2. Develop, implement, and update Individual Service Plans with the client in accordance with OAC standards and FCS policy/procedure.
3. Provide psychotherapy/counseling services to clients through individual, group, and/or family methods.
4. Review and update progress, and diagnoses in accordance with OAC standards and FCS policy/procedure to ensure continued provision of proper and necessary services.
5. Maintain client records in accordance with OAC standards and F&CS policy/procedure.
6. At a minimum, achieve and maintain the Agency’s established productivity standards.
7. Coordinate and communicate with other community agencies to insure effective inter- agency cooperation.
8. Maintain current knowledge of all applicable FCS policies/procedures and function according to these standards.
9. Enter and maintain daily schedule into computer as required.
10. At a minimum, achieve and maintain the Agency’s established productivity standards. Counseling Intern will be responsible to maintain a minimum of 50% productivity.
11. Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service training, supervision, various committees as assigned including Performance Improvement, workshops, and other meetings to receive information and instructions as well as to remain current and accurate on procedures, policies, and techniques.
12. Complete all documentation, including consumer outcomes, in a legible and timely manner according to the policies of Family and Community Services and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and provide necessary data for statistical and billing purposes.
13. Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and make every attempt to resolve work-related difficulties with the co-worker in a timely fashion.
14. Communicate all concerns and questions regarding the program functioning and client care to the immediate supervisor.
15. Maintain current knowledge of all applicable Family and Community Service policies and procedures and function according to these standards.
16. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must currently hold a CT (Counseling in Training) certification
2. Knowledge in the implementation of current diagnostic standards.
3. Current knowledge of medical office practices and procedures.
4. Ability to develop and implement treatment plans.
5. Skills in crisis intervention and emergency services.
6. Specialized knowledge of the substance use field.
7. The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
8. De-escalation skills.
9. The ability to establish and maintain clinically effective relationships with clients.
10. Ability to meet agency requirements for criminal background check.
11. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license in accordance with County policy and must maintain motor vehicle liability insurance, must maintain continuing eligibility under the existing County driver eligibility standards.
12. Ability to function as part of an organization by working with others and by adhering to established policies and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Valid Counseling Trainee (CT) Licensure.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all pertinent federal, state, and local laws, standards of the Ohio Department of Mental Health, and appropriate professional ethical standards. Minimum of 2 year experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.