Kent, OH • Miller Community House
Shift Worker (less than 20 hours/week)
All shifts available!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Answers homeless emergency crisis line to conduct assessments, explore housing options and directly coordinate referrals to appropriate resources.
Under the direction of the Program Operations Coordinator, admits homeless persons to appropriate shelter when space is available. Must be able to work alone and perform all job functions.
1. Completes client intakes; assists in meeting resident needs; provides crisis intervention as appropriate.
2. Works cooperatively with the all shelter staff to ensure effective services delivery.
3. Assures policies and procedures are followed.
4. Arrives 15 minutes prior to start of shift to facilitate communication during shift change.
5. Assists with clerical responsibilities such as thank you letters and client file documentation.
6. Ensures timely adherence to designated shifts or when unavailable, makes arrangements for shift coverage.
7. Completes proper documentation and reporting procedures as needed to compile statistics, resident information, and special projects.
8. Receives and stocks donations and shelter supplies; may transport donations to/from off-site locations.
9. Attends monthly staff meetings, all-agency meetings, and other pertinent meetings within the community.
10. Identifies and reports problems or unmet needs to Program Manager or Program Operations Coordinator.
11. Complies with the agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
12. Completes other tasks as assigned.
1. Ability to model open communication, fair and equitable treatment, and display caring and compassion.
2. Willingness to learn client centered model and conflict resolution; ability to manage crisis situations.
3. Knowledge of community services and supports.
4. Must possess Microsoft Word skills.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing a degree in social work and/or related field, or equivalent experience. CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Experience in crisis intervention.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to read and write; ability to hear and speak clearly on the phone and/or face to face interaction required. Must be able to work alone and perform all job functions. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance. Must be able to bend, stretch, and stand. Ability to travel off-site to meet agency needs and to attend meetings/other functions.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.