Kent, OH • Family & Community Services, Portage County
Front Office Assistant, for Behavioral Health Office
Full Time II ( 30 – 39 hours/week)
Rate of Pay: $15.00
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To support Valley Counseling Services with daily operations. Greet and/or assist clients and visitors of the agency. Answer phones and direct calls appropriately.
1. Answer phone promptly in a professional and courteous manner and accurately obtain necessary information to route calls appropriately.
2. Ensure that all required intake, financial and clinical forms are obtained at client’s first appointment.
3. Check clients in upon arrival for appointments; accurately record any client missed/cancelled appointments.
4. At each client visit:
· Have client fill out client information form
· Collect co-pay/insurance deductible from client
5. Interact courteously with clients and visitors at all times and make every reasonable effort to respond to their concerns and requests as efficiently as possible.
6. Ensure that clinical information is released to outside agencies and individuals only upon receipt of an authorization from the client or legal guardian which meets the standards of F&CS. Upload the Release of Information to the client’s electronic record.
7. Maintain current knowledge of all applicable FCS policies/procedures and function according to these standards.
8. Comply with COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
9. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior clerical experience preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.