Kent, OH • Counseling Office – Kent
Recovery Housing Program Manager
Full-Time 40 hours/week
Schedule: Determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Manage staff and day to day operations at Recovery Housing locations. Develop programming to facilitate and support recovery. Provide Therapy services to SUD clients in need of treatment services.
1. Develops, implements and evaluates program goals and objectives, ensure the quality of service delivery to the community through monitoring and supervision.
2. Facilitate intakes and make decisions about clients entering the recovery housing program.
3. Program coordination with referral sources including Portage County courts, JFS, MHRBs, etc.
4. Develop and implement new programming.
5. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates shift staff, peer support workers, therapists and case managers and oversees staff development and training.
6. Completes assessment, diagnosis and treatment for clients in need of services, following licensure standards.
7. Attend staff and clinical meetings.
8. Builds financial and in-kind supports for program through local resource development and community education. Oversees all solicitations and acceptance of donated goods and services to program. Adequately acknowledges donors.
9. Complete required reports according to program and agency reporting requirements in a timely manner.
10. Ensure program goal achievement and assists in creating and maintaining a positive program image in the community.
11. Develop and maintains ongoing collaboration with partner agencies.
12. Maintains shelter buildings, equipment, supplies and grounds.
13. Represent agency on service provider networks, coordinating bodies, and in the general community.
14. Comply with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of family, community, and human service issues, organizational functioning and operations.
2. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
3. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
4. Supervisory knowledge.
5. The Program Manager is required to have the following skills with a general client population, interview methods, individual and group therapy methods, knowledge and techniques for treatment of addictions.
6. Capacity for collecting, organizing, and reporting data in order to reach valid conclusions.
7. Skills in crisis intervention and emergency services.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Valid Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistance Licensure or will obtain CDCA within the first 60 days
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specific training and experience in substance abuse treatment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.