Kent, OH • Counseling – Kent
Recovery House Case Manager
Schedule: Determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Providing substance abuse related case management to clients in AoD service programs. Monitor clients in OP, IOP, or residential settings. Case manager co-facilitates groups with the licensed counselors and provides relevant education to clients.
1. Provide substance abuse related case management as defined in State of Ohio regulations.
2. Create individual service plans as defined by State of Ohio regulations.
3. Co-facilitate group treatment as defined by State of Ohio regulations.
4. Implements case management and supportive services, per agency and program policies and procedures. This includes assessment, case planning, monitoring, and provision of related services. The Case Manager will travel to clients’ homes, and provide services in the community setting.
5. Models awareness and behavior needed for growth and development.
6. Networks with area services, understands eligibility requirements, and makes appropriate referrals
7. Prepares and submits service reports, performance and agency reporting requirements.
8. Participates in team planning, case reviews, and program goal achievement.
9. Assists in creating and maintaining positive program image in community.
10. Attends agency and team meetings as requested.
11. Assists with program outreach, application, orientation, and approval process.
12. At a minimum, achieve and maintain the Agency’s established 50% productivity standard.
13. Fulfills other duties as assigned.
14. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
1. Active licensure (CDCA or higher) in the State of Ohio to provide substance abuse counseling.
2. Ability to meet agency requirements for criminal background check.
3. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
4. Ability to function as part of an organization by working with others and by adhering to established policies and procedures.
5. Training in First Aid, CPR and De-escalation techniques.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: .Active licensure in State of Ohio to provide substance abuse treatment (minimum CDCA)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior substance abuse case management experience preferred. Knowledge of support group recovery programs preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to travel to clients’ homes.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.