Kent, OH • Family & Community Services, Portage County
POSITION TITLE: Psychiatric Prescriber: Psychiatrist/NP/CNS
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Counseling Services
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
SCHEDULE: (Determined on a case by case basis)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Psychiatric Prescriber screens, diagnoses, treats, and manages the mental health care of identified clients of the agency.
1. Administers psychiatric treatment including prescriptions and medication reviews.
2. Assesses need for hospitalization.
3. Establishes an initial treatment plan and monitor progress.
4. Initiates referrals to internal and external providers.
5. Provides psychiatric consultations and program consultations as appropriate.
6. Provides teaching to clients and families related to medication management.
7. Completes psychiatric evaluations.
8. Completes all documentation related to job duties.
9. Coordinates with Medical Director and other prescribers to ensure continuity of care.
10. Performs all job duties customary to the department.
11. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be a graduate of an Accredited Medical Institution and in addition have post-graduate training in Psychiatry.
2. Have the ability to maintain the required license to practice medicine in the state of Ohio.
3. Knowledge and techniques for facilitating personality/behavior change.
4. Capacity for collecting, organizing, and reporting data in order to reach valid clinical conclusions; ability to develop and implement Treatment Plans.
5. Skills in Crisis Intervention and Emergency Services.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Must be a graduate from an accredited Medical/Nursing School and licensed as an MD/DO/NP/CNS in the State of Ohio with adequate levels of insurance and/or insurability.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior experience is preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.