Property Manager (Kentway)
Kent, OH • Kentway Apartments – Portage County
Schedule: Determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Prepare and Coordinate the rental housing application process for Family & Community Services, Inc (FCS) owned properties as well as private landlords for clients through agency programs. Coordinate turnover of FCS owned rental units as well as on-going maintenance, collection of rent for all rental properties, coordinate evictions with agency attorneys, manage all other day to day activities that involve tenants renting agency units.
1. Provide coordination of rental application for clients from FCS programs.
2. Collects, monitors and maintains records of monthly rent payments and other related tenant charges and addresses arrears according to agency policy for agency owned units and those under contract.
3. Collect security deposit from clients who we house though FCS rental units or through programs of FCS.
4. Work with local housing authority to update client information where necessary as it relates to maintaining client’s rental subsidy.
5. Notify/Coordinate with PMHA Maintenance department any maintenance/repair issues with agency owned rental units. Also work with PMHA on unit turnovers when clients leaves unit.
6. Issue/monitor any lease violations and prepare necessary documentation to notify tenant of violation. Prepare/post 24 hour notifications to tenants for non-emergency entry into units.
7. Work with attorney to handle client evictions for tenants through FCS rental units as well as private landlords through other agency housing programs. Attend court as necessary with attorney.
8. Coordinate security deposit refund to client and/or back to private funder who provided security deposit to client less any outstanding expenses such as outstanding rent and/or utilities, damages/repairs to units.
9. Work with local health department to complete annual housing inspections where required.
10. Conducts annual unit inspections and other necessary inspections.
11. Create and maintain leasing files for FCS clients.
12. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements and educational/certification/registry requirements.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 3 years of experience in property management.
2. Must be able to perform or have knowledge in annual recertification.
3. Must have knowledge in using public housing software.
4. Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals.
5. Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once.
6. Must have basic computer skills.
1. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
2. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: College degree preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Some property management experience preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to lift up to 50lbs.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.