Kent, OH • Counseling Office – Kent
Family & Community Services, Inc.
Full Time – 40 hours/week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Nursing Supervisor and to the extent permitted by Federal and State regulations, the primary functions of this position is to assist the prescribers in their roles.
1. Screen client telephone calls regarding questions and concerns with medical issues.
2. Gather appropriate information during the client pre-visit.
3. Assist the psychiatric prescribers and nurses to the extent permitted by Federal and State regulations.
4. Complete insurance authorizations for medications and others services as needed.
5. Complete all documentation in a timely manner according to FCS policy.
6. Communicate in a timely and accurate manner all client-related issues and concerns to all other staff providing service to the client to ensure coordination of care.
7. Perform those duties specific and customary to the service unit in which assigned.
8. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
1. Skills and experience working with a general client population within a medical setting. Broad knowledge in behavioral health disorders and treatment specifically psychotropic medications and side effects. Experience working on an electronic health record and e-scribing system.
2. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Medical assistant diploma/certification preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prior mental health experience is desired.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.