Kent, OH • Family & Community Services – Maintenance
Portage County – Kentway Apartments
40 hours/week plus call
SCHEDULE: (Determined on a case by case basis)
May respond to emergency maintenance requests 24 hours, 7 days per week.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Family & Community Services, Inc. buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems.
1. Responsible for the completion of all maintenance work order requests as assigned by Director of Property Management within a 7 business day period. Exceptions will be made with written approval from Director of Property Management.
2. Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures, daily log book of activities to be handed to Maintenance Supervisor or Manager of Maintenance on a weekly basis.
3. Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs may be performed by Licensed and Insured Contractors as required.)
4. Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; replaces filters.
5. Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
6. Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds.
7. May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
8. Installs electrical wiring and equipment; wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
9. Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
10. May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security.
11. May install computer cable, phone line wire.
12. Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
13. Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
14. May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed, as directed by Property & Maintenance Manager.
15. Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
16. Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
17. Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
18. Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor.
19. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
2. Ability to write simple correspondence.
3. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
5. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
6. Ability to work independently and utilize problem solving skills.
7. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
8. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: One year of experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair. Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. Occasionally required to sit. Ability to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.