Kent, OH • Portage Area Recovery Center
Full Time (40 hours/week)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Providing substance abuse related case management to clients in PARC. Monitor the residents of the PARC, facilitating and co-facilitating groups in PARC dependent on licensure and providing relevant education to clients. Must complete all related documentation in a timely manner as defined by counseling department requirements.
The Portage Area Recovery Center Substance Abuse Case Manager shall:
1. Provide substance abuse related case management as defined in State of Ohio regulations.
2. Create individual service plans as defined by regulations.
3. Co-facilitate group treatment as defined by State of Ohio regulations.
4. Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
5. Monitor residents of the Women’s Recovery House and conduct weekly house meeting with residence for compliance to case plan and adherence to house rules and expectations.
6. Comply with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
7. Available for 24/7 on-call as assigned on a rotating basis
8. Provide transportation for clients to appointments and other center related activities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Preferred active licensure in the State of Ohio to provide substance abuse counseling.
3. Must meet all standard requirements of Family and Community Services, Inc. Human Resources Department, including criminal background check.
4. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
5. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred, prior substance abuse case management experience preferred. (Minimum CDCA preferred)
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.