Kent, OH • Miller Community House
Miller Community House
Full-Time 40 hr/wk
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides daily support and direct services to residents of the emergency homeless shelter.
1. Assist with required program reporting and data management.
2. Provide direct service to shelter residents to ensure positive housing outcomes, adjusting schedule as needed to meet the needs of residents.
3. Assists in efforts to promote MCH program awareness and outreach to the community to create program support as needed.
4. Maintain accurate case files to ensure program documentation requirements are met.
5. Document and/or oversee all data related to the shelter program, including, but not limited to, housing placement, waiting list, and HMIS.
6. Enter, exit and update resident and unsheltered client information in statewide database system HMIS.
7. Coordinate with community agencies and services to promote program development.
8. Provide general advocacy, resources and services for all unsheltered clients.
9. Adhere to all program and agency reporting requirements.
10. Attend agency and team meetings.
11. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification requirements.
12. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to network effectively with other professionals.
2. Possess high organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
3. Work as an effective team leader.
4. Experience in utilizing community resources.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in human services field or related degree preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: One-year social services experience preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.