Kent, OH • Family & Community Services – Portage County
Pay Range: $19.00 – $21.00/hour
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager/CDCA
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Counseling Department
REPORTS TO: Outpatient Manager or Clinical Supervisor
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Flexibility required for emergent needs
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The position requires the development of knowledge and skills in the areas of community support, discharge planning, substance use issues, and the field of community services to individuals with substance use disorders. The position also requires the ability to respond appropriately to crisis or emergency situations, including at least basic training crisis intervention. The primary function is to provide case management and support services to clients engaged in outpatient treatment with the counseling department.
1. Evaluate client needs for services in regard to appropriateness of request, urgency and recommended action, and facilitates all necessary referrals.
2. Conduct and write drug and alcohol screenings according to Family and Community Services policies and procedures in order to assess the nature of the problem..
3. Develop and implement Individual Service Plans with the client based upon the findings of the diagnostic assessment.
4. Provides community education and awareness to the community and community partner organizations.
5. Provide treatment services to clients through individual, group, and/or family methods according to current professional standards of care.
6. Review and update ISPs and progress on a scheduled basis to insure continued provision of proper and necessary services, and modify the plan of treatment when appropriate.
7. Enter and maintain daily schedule into computer as required.
8. At a minimum, achieve and maintain the Agency’s established productivity standards.
9. Make referrals to other services within the community and within the Agency as indicated.
10. Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service training, supervision, various committees as assigned including Performance Improvement, workshops, and other meetings to receive information and instructions as well as to remain current and accurate on procedures, policies, and techniques.
11. Consult, collaborate, and communicate in a timely and accurate manner all client-related issues and concerns internally to Family and Community Services Staff and externally to other agency service providers, schools, law enforcement agencies, courts, etc. in the provision of services to clients and to the community to ensure coordination of care.
12. Complete all documentation, including consumer outcomes, in a legible and timely manner according to the policies of Family and Community Services and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and provide necessary data for statistical and billing purposes.
13. Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and make every attempt to resolve work-related difficulties with the co-worker in a timely fashion.
14. Communicate all concerns and questions regarding the program functioning and client care to the immediate supervisor.
15. Maintain current knowledge of all applicable Family and Community Services policies and procedures and function according to these standards.
16. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant Licensure required.
2. The Outpatient Case Manager is required to have the following skills: clinical interview methods; individual, and group therapy methods.
3. Ability to develop and implement treatment plans.
4. Skills in crisis intervention and emergency services.
5. Specialized knowledge of the substance use field.
6. The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
7. De-escalation skills.
8. The ability to establish and maintain clinically effective relationships with clients.
9. Ability to meet agency requirements for criminal background check.
10. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license in accordance with County policy and must maintain motor vehicle liability insurance, must maintain continuing eligibility under the existing County driver eligibility standards.
11. Ability to function as part of an organization by working with others and by adhering to established policies and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Valid Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistance Licensure.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all pertinent federal, state, and local laws, standards of the Ohio Department of Mental Health, and appropriate professional ethical standards. Minimum of 2 year experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.