Akron, OH • Veteran Services
Assistant Director for Veteran Services
Schedule: Determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for daily shelter operations, program development and reporting requirements.
1. Works cooperatively with the Director of Veteran’s Services to ensure effective services delivery; identifies and reports problems or unmet needs to Director of Veteran Services.
2. Ensures proper supervision, development, training, and evaluation for staff. Directly supervises Program Managers.
3. Submits timely statistical reporting to Director for the department of Veteran Affairs, and other stakeholders.
4. Provides on-call assistance to shelter staff as needed.
5. Models awareness and behaviors needed for growth and development
6. Actively participates in regular team meetings for the purpose of program consistency, monitoring and effectiveness.
7. Ensures training for staff on best practice models in service delivery approach
8. Builds and maintaining relationships with community organizations and groups.
9. Participates in local community meetings about housing issues, and delegates staff to participate in meetings.
10. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to model open communication, fail and equitable treatment, management of conflicts and work in a team structure.
2. Knowledge of client-centered model and conflict resolution.
3. Experience working with families and individuals in a residential setting.
4. Must complete CPR and First Aid training.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Three years’ experience working with veterans, victims or perpetrators of domestic violence and/or homeless populations in a shelter setting preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.