Kent, OH • Portage Area Recovery Center
SCHEDULE: Shift Worker (less than 20 hours/week)
PARC – Provides residential treatment to females recovering from substance abuse.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for overseeing residents in half way house, maintaining a therapeutic drug free environment following rules and regulations of F&CS, Ohio MHAS, and COA standards, crisis intervention, and consultation/reporting with/to supervisor(s).
1. Maintain sober living environment in recovery house, and promote recovery skills while presenting a caring, compassionate attitude.
2. Provide crisis intervention/de-escalation when needed consulting with supervisor/house manager.
3. Establish trusting relationship with clients while modeling awareness and behavior needed for growth and development of clients; displaying knowledge of the therapeutic importance of maintaining appropriate boundaries.
4. Monitor participants’ use of services/treatment, and impact on independence.
5. Provide accurate shift reports on a daily basis.
6. Participates in team planning, case reviews, and program goal achievement.
7. Assists in creating and maintaining positive program image in community.
8. Attend agency and training meetings as requested.
9. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
10. Comply with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
1. Experience providing supportive services (monitoring, case management, crisis intervention, AOD services, etc.) for individuals in recovery.
2. Ability to model open communication, fair and equitable treatment, and management of conflicts.
3. Ability to work as a team member with people from diverse backgrounds and positions.
4. Ability to work in stressful/crisis oriented environment.
5. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability.
6. Must be able to meet agency requirements for random drug screens, criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
7. Good communication and de-escalation skills.
8. Ability to maintain appropriate therapeutic boundaries.
9. Knowledge of and ability to display sober living and recovery skills, empowerment of clients and the present a caring, compassionate attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Related experience working with individuals recovering from alcohol or other drug addictions, or completion of relevant course work at a college level preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
About Family & Community Services, Inc.
As an employee at Family & Community Services you can make a difference. We need people just like you! From providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services, F&CS has touched the lives of countless individuals. No one gets up in the morning and says “I want to have a career in non-profit”. Or maybe they do, it’s truly a calling. You are called to be a difference maker and here, at F&CS, you can make that difference.
The better the workplace experience you have, the better service to our programs and their clients. That’s why we believe in teamwork, continuing education, and dedication. By working together and supporting each other, we have created a culture of service and perseverance.