Job Purpose: This position is responsible for building customer relationships, solve customer challenges and helping the customer to be profitable; therefore leading to company profitability.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agronomic Sales and Consulting
- Promote Deerfield Ag Services and available product lines
- Develop and execute strategic sales plan with Sales & Marketing
- Conduct producer meetings and education sessions
- Resolve customer complaints
- Assist customers, both walk-in and in the field, with product and pricing information. Interpret his/her needs. Assist with load outs as necessary
- Work with Manager to grow existing customer business; by building trust and relationships with customers
- Prospect new business
- Review monthly goals
- Assess customer needs and/or potential concerns through proficient field scouting
- Perform soil and tissue testing and interpret results and provide recommendations
- Utilize CRM (contact manager/database) to maintain sales notes and information
- Assist customers with financing options
- Secure and verify information for customer credit check prior to completing the sale. Communicate terms accordingly
- Provide superior customer service both before and after the sale
- Develop crop plans and ideas that are cutting edge, creative and effective
- Collaborate with Grain in providing both grain marketing and crop consulting services to our producers
- Develop training schedule, plan & curriculum to educate staff, and customers
- Day to day training and instruction with staff on weed ID, products, agronomic principles
- Assist other departments within the company as necessary
Skills & Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasion and active listening skills
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office software applications
- Time management
- Ability to “read” the customer (social perceptiveness)
- Ability to read and understand product guides and analysis
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with customers and team members
- Mathematic capability including algebraic and geometric applications
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer in tow
- Knowledge of weed and pest identification
- Understanding of the local geography and soil types/fertility
- Product knowledge; general knowledge of accounting principles and the analysis of financial data (margins, etc.)
- General understanding of grain markets helpful
- Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products or services
- Understanding of crop production
- Professional demeanor and integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Customer-oriented; detail-minded; independent thinker; dependable; positive attitude; initiative
- CCA certification -preferred
- Minimum of an agriculture-related Associate Degree. Bachelors Degree preferred
Off Season: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Saturdays as necessary. Extended hours necessary during peak season and as conditions permit.
About Deerfield Ag Services, Inc.
Deerfield Ag Services is a family owned, full-service agricultural services provider with one agronomy and four grain locations located throughout Northeastern Ohio, and we’re looking for the cream of the crop to join our rapidly growing team.
Deerfield employees are hardworking, reliable, and have an exceptional attention to detail, no matter what division they’re working in. If you think you fit the bill, take a look at the open positions we have available now.
As we continue to grow, we will be adding open positions on this page as needed. Be sure to check back often if you don’t see what you’re looking for, and follow us on Facebook , as we will occasionally announce new openings there.