Coleman Health Services a nationally recognized not-for-profit provider of behavioral health and rehabilitation programs is seeking a full-time a Billing Specialist to work effectively and collaboratively as a team, interacting with clients, external care providers, consulting psychiatrist, other clinicians, administrative and support staff. This position will be located in our Kent, Ohio office.
What can Coleman offer you?
- A positive and supportive work environment that values both teamwork and individuality, welcomes innovation, is inclusive, promotes creativity, and where diversity is valued
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Annual Wellness reimbursement
- Start with three weeks of paid-time off
- $2000 Staff Referral Bonus
- Bereavement time off
- Discounts on Verizon service plans
- Excellent team environment
- Highest commitment to quality care
- $250 Quarterly Employee Recognition Program, Wellness Reimbursement & more!
Why join Coleman Health Services?
We are a nationally recognized not-for-profit provider of behavioral health and an organization that has demonstrated over 40 years of stability and transparency. Our Company Culture and Benefits Set Us Apart! Regardless of your role at Coleman Health Services, your work makes a lasting impact on those we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a collaborative community of dedicated professionals whose primary mission is to improve the lives of our clients. In return, you can also expect opportunities for career advancement and continued professional training.
Job duties included for the Billing Specialist:
- Performing financial interviews with clients to determine financial status and eligibility for assistance
- Maintaining financial files on each client
- Reviewing monthly client statements
- Providing client support services in resolving billing/collections issues
- Processing failed claims/failed activities, and more
Minimum Qualifications needed to be a successful Billing Specialist:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows and general computer knowledge
- 1-2 years Experience in a financial environment or equivalent education
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid both billing and applying payments
Preferred Qualifications include at least 2 years. Experience in the following areas:
- Medical insurance
- Mental health billing
- Electronic billing for billing types
While the work we do is personally rewarding on many levels, we also recognize the importance of a competitive benefits package. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Accommodation Request.”
About Coleman Health Services
Coleman Health Services is a nationally recognized organization. We offer programs for individuals diagnosed with mental & physical disabilities.