GREAT opportunity for experienced MIG WELDERS!
Excellent fringe benefit package with steadily increasing wages!
Direct hire without the hassles associated with a staffing agency.
East Manufacturing is currently seeking to fill several welding positions at our Randolph facility, located 20 minutes southeast of downtown Akron, 25 minutes northeast of Canton. East offers a clean, stable, organized work environment.
East Manufacturing is in the business of designing and building dump, refuse and flatbed trailers for the trucking industry. The business has a major emphasis on all aluminum trailers, but does build some steel units. The Company operates a full-service repair and maintenance facility at the Randolph location. East also produces and sells a line of heavy-duty truck accessories. The Company has been in business since 1968.
Formal training and/or work-related experience as a MIG welder (GMAW) is preferred
- Basic understanding of the fitting and assembly process
- Solid understanding in the proper use of a tape measure
- All fitting work done with a tape measure requiring a good working knowledge of fractional math
- Physically able to lift as much as 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Able to occasionally work low and from a ladder
- Present well and be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and be prepared to present proof if requested
- Have a reasonably stable employment history for the past two years or since graduating from a trade or vocational training institution
- Pass a criminal and driver’s license background check
- Possess a valid driver’s license not currently under suspension
- Have reliable transportation
- The starting wage is $20.75/$21.00 an hour
- Guaranteed increases of 50¢ an hour after 6 months as follows:
o Wage Increase: April 2022 – $0.30
o $20.75/$21.00 Starting wage
o $21.25/$21.50 Upon reaching six months of employment
o $21.75/$22.00 Upon reaching one year of employment
o $22.25/$22.50 Upon reaching 2-year anniversary of employment
o $22.75/$23.00 Upon reaching 3-year anniversary of employment
- Daily and weekly overtime consistently available and paid at time-and-a-half
Health and Welfare package valued at over $1,000 a month with low deductible. Package includes the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Optical Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation After 1st Year
- Profit Sharing Program
- Uniforms at no cost to employee
Great working environment. Team oriented organization.
About East Manufacturing
Strength, durability, quality, value and innovation all work together at East Manufacturing in the manufacture of trailers that take on some of the toughest jobs in the transportation industry.
Founded in 1968, East is a privately-owned company that began operations in a 80-foot by 100-foot building, manufacturing aluminum dump trailers, one at a time. Since then the company has grown to become a multiple product, leading trailer manufacturer that employs over 500 people with facilities comprised of approximately 600,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space.
East sits on over 100 acres in Randolph, Ohio, providing ample space to meet both current and future growth requirements for trailer manufacturing, service and repair, storage, pick-up and delivery. At East, we sell through our network of over 75 dealer locations across North America.
East builds trailers to provide our customers with superior operational performance, strength, durability and longevity, while providing top value. Our dedicated and loyal workforce is key to our success, and the foundation to pursuit of excellence. Because of our people and our processes, we provide a top quality product, which exceeds customer expectations.