Cleanroom technicians manufacture and deliver liquid crystal spectacle lenses according to the established procedures. This is an entry level manufacturing position.
- Perform manufacturing/assembly operations and various tasks following approved operating procedures, bills of materials, work instructions, and specifications.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment: wearing full suit, hood, booties, face mask and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Adhere to all cleanroom procedures and rules.
- Maintain up to date records, logs, and general paperwork.
- Maintain daily production output. Ability to meet quotas with proper training and support.
- Give support to the solution of problems and contribute to the improvement of products and processes.
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Familiarize yourself with tools, instrumentation, and equipment.
Experience & Personal Skills
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
- Cleanroom experience a plus, but not required
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to handle repetitive work with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy a must.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing workloads and priorities.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with hand tools and lab equipment (after training).
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for majority of 8 hour shift.
- Positive attitude and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager & co-workers.
Exceptional benefits include 2 weeks paid sick/personal leave and 2 weeks paid vacation per year (on accrual basis), in addition to paid holidays. Also included are full medical, dental, and life insurance benefits with NO out-of-pocket cost for premiums (meaning no money is deducted from your pay). This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday. Base wage starting at $14/hour, but the hourly rate may be negotiated based on experience. Proof of vaccination is required for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About AlphaMicron, Inc.
AlphaMicron, a manufacturer of high-tech liquid crystal sunglasses and goggles based out of Kent, is seeking Cleanroom Technicians to add to our team. We are a friendly and inclusive small company of about 35-40 people. This is a forward-thinking, progressive environment and we celebrate diversity (race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc.).